What Is Iran Visa On Arrival?
Iran visa on arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa ia a kind of Iran tourist visa received by eligible nationals who travel to Iran for tourist purposes only and granted to them upon their arrival to Iran. Where a previous application is required to get a standard tourist visa, visa on arrival can be issued without any previous application so you dont need to apply on Iran e-visa website. While getting a VOA is usually very convenient and fast, There is always a minimum risk of rejection which should be taken care of. But you’ve better to know Iranian visa on arrival is one of the easiest with low risk of rejection.
Where To Get Iran VOA?
Visa on arrival can be issued at all international airports in Iran. You cannot get this visa on the land borders.
Here is List of airports where you can get Iran VOA:
- Imam Khomeini International Airport, Tehran (IKA)
- Mehrabad International Airport, Tehran (TEH)
- Shahid Dastghaib Airport, Shiraz (SYZ)
- Shahid Hasheminejad International Airport, Mashhad (MHD)
- Shahid Madani Airport, Tabriz (TBZ)
- Shahid Beheshti Airport, Isfahan (ISF)
- Kish International Airport, Kish (KIH)
- Bandar Abbas Airport, Bandar Abbas (BND)
- Shahid Sadooghi Airport, Yazd (AZD)
- Ahwaz International Airport, Ahwaz (AWZ)
Iran (VOA) duration, Validity, And Extension
Iran visa on arrival usually is valid for 30 days. It used to be only 14 days, and now some airlines are still misinformed claiming it’s only 14. Some airline representatives might be trying to tell you that your return ticket must be within 14 days. Tell them it’s not true and not to worry.
Visa on arrival can only be extended if the Iranian Foreign Affairs Office finds it necessary. Usually a maximum 14 days extension is possible but you’ve better to know it’s not an easy process. So if you’re planning on staying longer than 30 days, make sure to get your Iran visa in advanced.
Do you want to know how to get Iran Visa before travel to Iran?